You have the right to receive care that is respectful, non-discriminatory, considerate and timely and in a safe and secure environment. You have the right to be treated with dignity and receive professional care regardless of your values and beliefs, social, cultural and spiritual traditions, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and abilities.
You have the right to expect privacy and that your information will be treated in a confidential manner by all Centre staff with whom you are involved. This means that personal information gathered from you throughout the course of your care, will be subject to SRCHC’s Privacy Policies. Please ask front desk reception for our Privacy Brochure to learn more about access to your personal health information.
Information & Decision-making
You have the right to participate with the health care team in developing a plan of care that address your needs. You have the right to understand the care proposed by the staff/provider before receiving care.
Rights of Refusal
You have the right to accept, refuse or discontinue services. This means that you have the right to decline treatment and be informed of the consequences. You have the the right to refuse disclosing personal information when there is no issue of safety or legal responsibility.
You have the right to be involved in the direction of the Centre by becoming a member of SRCHC.
You have the right to express concerns or make a complaint about South Riverdale and receive a response.
As a client you are responsible for:
- Respecting the Centre’s values, policies, people and property.
- Helping to create and maintain a safe space by not using discriminatory language or causing harm to others.
- Letting the Centre know if you cannot attend your appointment(s) or program(s) so that this appointment time or program space can be offered to someone else.
- Following your care plan to the best of your ability.
- Being informed, involved and making decisions about your care to the best of your ability.
- Letting the Centre know if there are any changes in your contact or personal information.
Throughout the Centre, these responsibilities may be more explicitly outlined to respond and reflect specific client populations and program needs.
How We Work
- At SRCHC: we are committed to working with clients, service users and community members in a way that reflects our organizational mission, vision and values.
- At SRCHC: we provide person-centered services and programs that respect the values, beliefs, needs, preferences and uniqueness of each individual.
- At SRCHC: we recognize the right of clients and service users to independent expression, choice and action, and to ensure that each individual is given respect, dignity, consideration and privacy.
- At SRCHC: clients, service users and community members are involved in shaping programs and services.
- At SRCHC: our programs and services recognize the importance of the whole context of a person’s life, including family, friends, community, as well as social, cultural and spiritual aspects of health and well-being.
If you have a complaint and you have tried to discuss it directly with the person providing the program or service, and are not satisfied with the response or have a concern about the Centre’s operations, please contact SRCHC’s Executive Office at (416) 461-1925 x. 2223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 在一個安全的環境內得到被尊重、沒有歧視、 周到和適時的護理。
- 通知本中心, 如果你不能出席的醫療預約或活動節目，以便編予他人。
- 通知本中心, 如果你的聯絡或個人資料有改。