1. You have the right to receive care that is respectful, non-discriminatory, considerate and timely, in a safe environment.
2. You have the right to expect your information will be treated in a confidential manner by all Centre staff involved in your care.
3. You have the right to participate with the health care team in developing a treatment plan that address your needs.
4. You have the right to receive complete and current information about your care in a manner you understand.
5. You have the right to express your concerns or make a complaint about your care, and to receive a response.
6. You have the right to be involved in the direction of the Centre by becoming a member of SRCHC.
1. You are responsible for respecting the Centre’s values, policies and people.
2. You are responsible for letting the Centre know if you cannot attend your appointment(s) or program(s) so that this appointment time or program space can be offered to someone else.
3. You are responsible for following your treatment plan developed with your health care team to the best of your ability.
4. You are responsible for making decisions about your treatment or care to the best of your ability.
5. You are responsible to let the Centre know if there are any changes to your contact or personal information.
If you have a complaint and you have tried to discuss it directly with the person providing the program or service and you are not satisfied with the response or you have a concern about the Centre’s operations, please contact SRCHC’s Chief Executive Officer, Lynne Raskin at 416-461-1925 or email@example.com.
1. 你有權利在一個安全的環境內得到被尊重、沒有歧視、 周到和適時的護理。
2. 你有責任通知本中心, 如果你不能出席的醫療預約或活動節目，以便編予他人。
5. 你有責任通知本中心, 如果你的聯絡或個人資料有改。