Who We Are
For more than 45 years, South Riverdale Community Health Centre (SRCHC) has been improving the lives of people and creating a healthier, more resilient community. Founded in 1976 by leaders and advocates who fought to get the lead out of the soil, SRCHC evolved from modest beginnings on Pape Ave. to its current location at 955 Queen St. E., multiple satellite locations across East Toronto and regional programs across Toronto.
Our community initiatives, leading-edge programs and campaigns focus on community health issues in East Toronto:
- Internationally-recognized harm reduction programs
- Diabetes education and treatment services
- Ground-breaking Harmony Community Food Centre
- Innovative integrated care and social prescribing
- Outreach to new Canadians
- Clinical services for the uninsured
SRCHC is constantly expanding to meet the needs of our community, yet some of the programs SRCHC offers are not government funded. This leaves the most vulnerable members of the community with unmet needs.
Some of the most crucial programs to help tackle the complex challenges we face in our changing society.
- Harmony Community Food Centre provides access to food programming, community meals and nutrition education to seniors, newcomers and families in East York and Crescent Town. With your support, our facilitators can offer activities and healthy meals that foster community and stave off social isolation.
- MATCH Midwives provide prenatal, reproductive and sexual health care to the most vulnerable in our community. With your support, our midwives can address basic needs such as providing healthy food and prenatal supplements for pregnant people who live in poverty or precarious housing.
Please support your community health centre. With your donation and support, we can meet the needs in our community.
Donate now by completing the form below!
For more information:
Contact Rose Shang – Manager, Finance at (416) 461-1925 ext 2221 or [email protected]
SRCHC has been a registered charity in good standing since 1977. CRA registration number 107997165RR0001. Charitable receipts are issued for amounts of $25 or more.