South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a leader in providing care for the most socially vulnerable and medically complex people. South Riverdale CHC is part of a network of community Health Centres (CHCs) providing integrated care in our neighbourhoods and communities. Our mission is to improve the lives of people that face barriers to physical, mental, spiritual and social well-being.
We have specialized expertise to work with some of the most challenged communities impacted by the social determinants of health.
We provide services to all the diverse people in our community, reflecting different ages, income levels, ethnicity, identity, health insurance and housing status.
We serve vulnerable communities such as new immigrants to Canada, visible minorities or people of colour, Ontario residents who don’t have OHIP insurance, people who are using drugs, people with low income, queer and trans folks, young people, children, families, parents, seniors, and people who are homeless or under-housed.
- 60% of clients are low income
- 24% of clients are on social assistance
- Our clients come from 135 different countries
- We have over 90% client satisfaction
- 34% to 63% of caseloads are clients with mental illness
- 86% of people visiting CHCs with diabetes have access to inter-professional care