Together, we thrive
SRCHC has a vision to create and sustain a compassionate, healthy and thriving community where everyone belongs.
We face rising challenges in a changing society:
- the growing needs of new Canadians
- insecure and unstable housing
- an aging population
- food security issues
- the opioid crisis
- an emergent need for funding supports for programs and services to address immediate needs in the community
SRCHC is constantly expanding to meet the needs of our community, yet some of the programs SRCHC offers are not government funded. This leaves the most vulnerable community with unmet needs.
Please support your community health centre. With your donation and support, we can meet the needs in our community.
Some of the most crucial programs to help tackle the complex challenges we face in our changing society.
- Consumption and Treatment Services provide a safe, hygienic and welcoming environment for people who use drugs. With your support, our harm reduction workers can assist people who need healthy food or transportation support to get to appointments.
- Harmony CFC provides access to food programming, community meals and nutrition education to seniors, newcomers and families in East York and Crescent Town. With your support, our facilitators can offer activities and healthy meals that foster community and stave off social isolation.
- MATCH Midwives provide prenatal, reproductive and sexual health care to the most vulnerable in our community. With your support, our midwives can address basic needs such as providing healthy food and prenatal supplements for pregnant people who live in poverty or precarious housing.
Soaring together over 40 years
For more than 40 years, South Riverdale Community Health Centre (SRCHC) has been improving the lives of people and creating a healthier, more resilient community. Founded in 1976 by leaders and advocates who fought to get the lead out of the soil, SRCHC evolved from modest beginnings on Pape Ave. to its current location at 955 Queen St. E., multiple satellite locations across East Toronto and regional programs across Toronto.
Leading edge programs and services
As a non-profit, community-governed centre, we have a track-record of facing emerging issues in a constantly-changing environment. We meet those challenges with innovative and effective solutions. But we count on your donations to support those living in need in our community.
Our community initiatives, leading-edge programs and campaigns focus on community health issues in East Toronto:
- Internationally-recognized harm reduction program;
- Diabetes education and treatment services;
- Ground-breaking Harmony Community Food Centre;
- Innovative integrated care and social prescribing;
- Outreach to new Canadians, and
- Clinical services for the uninsured.
You can support us
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit charitable organization providing primary health services, health promotion, harm reduction, environmental health and population-based community programs for marginalized people.
Make a donation in support of our community health and food program services that meet the needs of our local community. Your investment in our work helps us to make a difference to those who face many barriers to good health outcomes.
Dedicate your donation and give in honor or in memory of someone special.
You can also make a:
- One-time gift
- Monthly gift
- Gift of stocks or bonds
- Legacy gift
How to donate
- In person: Visit our offices and fill out a donation form.
- Online: You can donate online at CanadaHelps.org.
For more information:
Contact Rose Shang – Manager, Finance at (416) 461-1925 ext 2221 or [email protected]
SRCHC has been a registered charity in good standing since 1977. CRA registration number 107997165RR0001. Charitable receipts are issued for amounts of $25 or more.