Harmony Community Food Centre (CFC), a program of South Riverdale Community Health Centre, in partnership with Community Food Centres Canada, is a welcoming place where people to come together to grow, cook, share and advocate for good food. We believe that an equitable and just community is one where everyone can access nutritious, affordable, safe, culturally relevant, and delicious food. Harmony Community Food Centre offers programs in three core areas: Healthy food access, healthy food skills, education and engagement.
Harmony CFC programs support local families and individuals by increasing access to healthy food, skill-building, knowledge sharing, and providing leadership and advocacy opportunities for those of all ages.
Where to find us
Harmony CFC is located at 2 Gower St in East York, Toronto. Our programs serve the diverse communities in our surrounding area.
The national movement
Harmony CFC is a proud partner site of Community Food Centres Canada, a national non-profit that builds health, belonging, and social justice in communities through the power of food. Harmony CFC is part of a national movement calling for a more equitable and sustainable food system.
HARMONY COMMUNITY FOOD CENTRE PROGRAMS
*Please note that due to COVID-19 some programs are modified. Please contact us for updates.
Harmony Good Food Market
- Tuesdays starting June 7 and ending October 25 (for more information click here)
- Time: 3-5pm
- Location: 2 Gower Street
- Weekly drop-in community meal – Every Wednesday from 3:30-5pm
Mind Your Food click here for flyer
Day: Fridays from September 30 – December 9, 2022
Location: 2 Gower Street.
Call or email to register: Kathleen 416-752-0101 ext 4226 email@example.com
- For youth ages 13-19
- 11-week in-person program with safety measures in effect
- Explore food traditions, cooking skills, new recipes, and how your mental wellbeing is connected to what you eat
- Honorarium for completion of the program (must complete full program)
Harmony CFC – Summer Workshop Series (for info about the Summer Workshop Series contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Thursday, Sept 22 | 2:00-4:00pm — Seed Saving Party – Improve, and share, your knowledge about seed savings and take home seeds for your garden .
- Harmony Garden Club – contact Melissa at email@example.com for more info
Donate to our program
If you would like to support our programs with a donation, you can do so online or by cheque: Donate now
Get in touch
Facebook: Harmony Community Food Centre
For information on Harmony CFC’s programs, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-752-0101 ext 4226
Learn more about Community Food Centres at: Community Food Centres Canada