DECNET is actively involved in outreach initiatives that work towards connecting with individuals who may experience barriers to health and health care access and are impacted by diabetes.
Some examples include:
- Shelters for the homeless/under-housed
- Community and supportive housing
- Neighbourhood- specific locations
- Community or language-specific centres
- Population-specific centres
- Faith based community service groups
For more information about the support groups, advocacy group and outreach initiatives please call 416-461-9043 ext. 2362.