Program Category: DECNET
DECNET groups provide a safe and welcoming environment in which individuals learn about managing their diabetes from their peers, as well as our DECNET diabetes educators.
Group Education classes offered by DECNET
Classes are designed to complement type 2 or prediabetes counselling that clients receive from their both their family doctor and diabetes educators. The following examples are classes that are offered throughout the year.
Group education sessions (single session):
- An Introduction to Diabetes
- Stress Management & Diabetes
- Let’s Talk Insulin
- Physical Activity with a Physiotherapist
- Nutrition: Parts 1 & 2
- Diabetes ABC’s
Group education series (multiple sessions):
- Chinese Diabetes Classes
- Delivered in Cantonese with Mandarin interpretation
- Offered twice a year in a 7 week series (meets weekly)
- Cooking Group
- Focuses on skill development and healthy eating
- No previous cooking skills required!
- Offered 4-5 times each year and delivered over a 4 week series on a weekly basis
- Prevention of Diabetes Workshops
- Delivered in various languages and community locations
- Often delivered over 5-6 week series on weekly basis
To learn more about upcoming classes please review our calendar
- Group education classes are available for DECNET clients who have registered for the program. Call us at 416-461-9042 to register if you are interested in attending a particular class.
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
- 955 Queen Street East
- Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
- (416) 461-9042