25 hours per week
The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service Centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of East Toronto.
The Harmony Hall Centre for Seniors program of SRCHC empowers and connects seniors 55+ by delivering transportation, recreational and support services in East Toronto. Services are provided in Bengali, Chinese, English and Tamil.
The Seniors Active Living Centre Assistant (Tamil Program) works closely with the Program Facilitator to ensure quality programming.
Only participants in receipt of Ontario Works (OW) and residents of the City of Toronto are eligible to apply.
- Work in a team environment with the Program Facilitator, staff and volunteers
- Provide assistance in the kitchen for meal preparation (comfort with handling knives for cutting or chopping), meal service, clean up, dishwashing and taking out garbage
- Some lifting (e.g. pots of cooked food, bags of rice)
- Assist in shopping for supplies
- Assist clients in their participation in programs and respond to clients’ concerns
- Promote a welcoming environment with a high standard of customer service that is client focused
- Other duties as required
- Participant of the IIN program
- Not a previous participant of the IIN program
- In receipt of Ontario Works (OW)
- Resident of the City of Toronto
- High School Diploma
- Ability to speak Tamil as required to assist in day-to-day programming
- Ability to read and write in Tamil is an asset
- Competent in writing, reading and speaking English
- English keyboarding/typing skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology and various software applications
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Knowledge of community-based resources
- Proven organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Police clearance documentation will be required for employment
The deadline for applicants is April 12, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Please mail in or drop off your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
Hiring Committee – Seniors Active Living Centre Assistant (Tamil Program)
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
No emails, faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.