The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service Centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of East Toronto.
The Regional Programs Administrator will coordinate activities related to the Choose Health and the Diabetes Eye Screening Programs as well as support of SRCHCs Ontario Health Team (OHT) activities.
- Work in collaboration with Choose Health and Diabetes Eyes Screening Programs teams and program partners
- Coordinate, administer and implement programmatic activities (execute contracts, develop and write reports, use and improve existing project management tools, confirm service delivery, etc.) for the Choose Health and the Diabetes Eyes Screening Programs
- Support review of and make recommendations for refinement of processes for on-going quality improvement
- Support multiple, interdependent projects for the OHT with varying complexity and scope, under a tight deadline
- Coordinate research activities that are related to self-management and tele-retina screening services
- Seek out and coordinate applications for funding for research and programmatic activities
- Consult with SRCHC Ethics Committee as needed for research initiatives
- May provide assistance on initiatives that further the work of the Centre as required
- Bachelors degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or a related discipline
- 3 – 5 years related experience with coordination and project management
- Advanced Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint) skills
- Understanding of qualitative, quantitative and community-based Participatory Research methods
- Understanding of health equity and the CHC Evaluation Framework
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently and with a multi-disciplinary team working across multiple sites
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience working with people from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds from an equity perspective
- Direct experience working with volunteers, community members and a steering committee with a range of stakeholders
- Police clearance documentation will be required for employment
The deadline for applicants is Friday, December 6, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Please mail in or drop off your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee
Regional Programs Administrator
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
Or by email to: email@example.com
Please enter “Regional Programs Administrator” in the subject line of your email.
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
This is a bargaining unit position with CUPE Local 5399.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.