Contract End: March 31, 2021
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service organization that provides primary healthcare, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention primarily to people of East Toronto. Our mission is to improve the lives of people that face barriers to physical, mental, spiritual and social well-being. We do so by meaningfully engaging our clients and communities, ensuring equitable access to primary health care and delivering quality care through a range of evidence informed programs, services and approaches. As a leader in community health, our locally and internationally recognized community services include cutting-edge primary health services, health promotion, harm reduction, environmental health, community food centre and population-based community programs for marginalized peoples. We value health equity and inclusion and respect in our work and in the delivery of our services.
DECNET provides diabetes education support and services for adults with Pre-Diabetes or Type 2 diabetes in East Toronto. This position will assist members of the diabetes team with the planning, delivery and evaluation of targeted programs and services.
- Deliver group support and education services adults with Pre-Diabetes and Type 2 diabetes in collaboration with DECNET team members
- Assist with DECNET special events, outreach and/or educational opportunities as required
- Outreach to community members in order to bridge to DECNET programs and services
- Commit to on-going learning related to diabetes prevention and management
- Attend relevant training as requested
- Routinely compile and enter data as per program directives and organizational requirements
- Complete documentation as required
- Participate as a team member in program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Review and adhere to all organizational and program policies and procedures
- High School Diploma
- Additional courses in Diabetes, Chronic Disease Prevention and Management
- Lived experience, advanced knowledge and/or additional courses in pre-diabetes or Type 2 diabetes preferred
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology and various software applications
- Committed to promoting and supporting health in your community
- Some knowledge of Diabetes and/or Chronic Disease Prevention and Management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable speaking before groups of people
- Open to working with a variety of people
- Ability to assist people in a mature, friendly and helpful manner
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, organized and a self-starter
- Second language an asset
- Police clearance documentation will be required for employment
The deadline for applicants is Friday, March 20, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Please mail in or drop off your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee
Peer Program Assistant – DECNET
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
Or by email to: email@example.com
Please enter “Peer Program Assistant – DECNET” in the subject line.
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
This is a bargaining unit position with CUPE Local 5399.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.