The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of East Toronto.
We are looking to recruit and train 12 individuals with lived experiences of chronic pain for Choose Health, a regional program hosted by the SRCHC for the Toronto Central LHIN region. The Peer Leader will co-facilitate an evidence-based Chronic Pain Management program delivered in a group setting. An honorarium will be provided for this position.
- Attend mandatory training between 9AM and 5PM on all the days of: May 14, 15, 21, 22
- For successful candidates, attend a mandatory orientation session: date TBD
- Deliver chronic pain management program in partner locations across Toronto
- Oversee administrative tasks during the delivery of the program
- Attend ongoing coaching activities
- Work with Choose Health program team to support outreach activities as needed
- Lived experience of chronic pain
- Can serve as a positive role model for living a healthy life with chronic pain
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups of people
- Dependable and consistent
- Open to working with diverse people
- Optimistic about a person’s ability to make changes to live a healthier life
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance and purpose of delivering an evidence-based public health program
- Must be able to read, write, and speak in in English
- Ability to read, write, and speak in Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin) is an asset
A police clearance letter completed within the past twelve (12) months will be required prior to commencing this volunteer opportunity.
The deadline for applicants is Friday, April 12, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee
Peer Leader – Chronic Pain Self-Management Program
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
Or send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No faxes, phone calls or requests to meet please.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.