The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of East Toronto.
The Centre is the host organization for the Choose Health Program, a regional program within the Toronto Central LHIN region. For this regional program, we are currently recruiting for the position of up to 10 Peer Ambassadors for a program we deliver in partnership with the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO). Peer Ambassadors will facilitate AGO tours and art-making workshops in community settings.
An honorarium will be provided for this position.
- To attend mandatory training Saturday, March 23, 2019 facilitated by the AGO
- To participate in mandatory orientation (date TBD)
- Lead a minimum of 4 pre-approved mindfulness focused gallery visits and art-making workshops
- Attend ongoing coaching activities offered for professional development
- To oversee administrative tasks for the workshop
- Excellent good communication, interpersonal, and group facilitation skills
- Experience with active listening and empathy
- Demonstrated ability to authentically receive and engage with participant’s ideas
- Understand the importance and purpose of delivering evidence-based public health programs
- Dependable and flexible
- Availability to facilitate workshops between Monday through Saturday between 8:00am and 8:00pm
- Active facilitator status with the Choose Health program is an asset
- Past experience with art-making is an asset
- Travel across the Toronto Central LHIN region may be required
Please send your cover letter with brief responses to these questions and a resume in confidence to:
- How can art help address social isolation?
- Do you believe that galleries have potential in improving health? If so, how?
The Hiring Committee
Peer Ambassador – Art Gallery of Ontario
Choose Health Program
C/O South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
Or by email at: email@example.com. Please state “Peer Ambassador” in the subject line of your email.
A police clearance letter completed within the past twelve (12) months will be required prior to commencing this volunteer opportunity.
The deadline for applicants is 5:00 pm Monday, February 4th, 2019.
No emails, faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet or clarify, please.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.