The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service Center that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of Riverdale and South East Toronto.
This position supports the Diabetes Education Community Network (DECNET) program. DECNET is a partnership among South Riverdale Community Health Centre, East End Community Health Centre, Access Alliance Multicultural Health and Community Services and Michael Garron Hospital. DECNET provides diabetes education support and services to adults with Pre-diabetes and Type 2 diabetes in East Toronto.
As first point of contact, this position requires the successful candidate to be highly personable, effectively providing reception services in a fast paced environment, professionally liaising with providers, referring and partner agencies. This position requires providing services to a range of clients, including marginalized populations.
Further Responsibilities Include:
- Booking program participants, managing incoming referrals and client files, making reminder phone calls
- Reception and client flow management
- Coordinates the availability of supplies, program materials and educational literature across multiple sites
- Maintains program database
- Collaborates with program team in the production of program material, brochures, flyers
- Coordinates mass mailings
- Enters and maintains Diabetes Educator’s room booking and group education schedules
- Answers incoming telephone calls for clinical staff
- Provides intake and registration of new patients and creates, maintains, files and retrieves patient charts for clinicians
- Provides word processing, photocopying, faxing and filing services to clinical staff, clinic nurse and managers
- Makes arrangements and referrals with external services
- Inputs encounter information for data collection purposes
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma in a relevant discipline from a recognized college; or a combination of education and relevant experience
- 2 – 5 years’ experience as a receptionist or administrative assistant in a clinical setting
- High level of initiative and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to create a welcoming environment for clients
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology and advanced knowledge of MS Office; EMR experience an asset
- Experience in data entry with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to multitask in a fast paced setting
- Excellent communication skills including effective telephone communication and etiquette
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team with strong team collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the health issues of a diverse community and marginalized populations
- Ability to speak and/or write Chinese and/or South Asian languages an asset
- Police clearance documentation will be required for employment
The deadline for applicants is January 28, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Please mail in your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please enter “Medical Administration” in the subject line of your email.
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
This is a bargaining unit position with CUPE Local 5399.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.