Contract to June 2021
Locum Primary Health Care Physician
21 hours per week
Contract To: June 2021
Hourly Rate: $116.72
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service organization that provides primary healthcare, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention primarily to people of East Toronto. Our mission is to improve the lives of people that face barriers to physical, mental, spiritual and social well-being. We do so by meaningfully engaging our clients and communities, ensuring equitable access to primary health care and delivering quality care through a range of evidence informed programs, services and approaches. As a leader in community health, our locally and internationally recognized community services include cutting-edge primary health services, health promotion, harm reduction, environmental health, community food centre and population-based community programs for marginalized peoples. We value health equity and inclusion and respect in our work and in the delivery of our services.
SRCHC requires a Locum Physician with strong clinical skills who will function as an effective member of our multi-disciplinary team. Reporting to the Manager, Newcomers and Families, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with priority populations, providing primary health care. Hours of work are seven (7) hours per day, regularly as follows: Mondays 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Tuesdays 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Thursdays 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Currently during COVID-19, these hours have been adjusted to 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, and are subject to change as per organizational needs.
- Current registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Member The Canadian Medical Protective Association
- Degree in medicine from a recognized university
- Thorough current primary health care physician knowledge and proficiency
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care and health promotion concepts
- An openness to working with people who are homeless, living with mental illness, using drugs and/or complex health needs from a harm reduction perspective
- Demonstrated experience delivering trauma informed care, and work with trauma survivors
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the health issues of a diverse community and experience working with disenfranchised populations
- Experience and/or comfort working in an interdisciplinary environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, decision making, conflict management, organizational and administrative skills that include computer literacy
- Ability to provide compassionate, respectful, non-judgmental and culturally competent care
- Availability to provide on-call to clients afterhours and weekends
- Familiarity with PS Suite applications is an advantage
- Fluency in a language relevant to the Riverdale Community, in addition to English is considered an asset
The deadline for applicants is Friday, July 17, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Please mail in your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee – Locum Physician
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON, M4M 3P3
Or by email at: email@example.com.
Please state “Locum Physician” in the subject line of your email.
New graduates are welcome to apply.
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.