The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service Centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of East Toronto.
The Financial Services Administrator administers accounts payable and payroll, monitors bank and petty cash disbursements, processes routine GL entries and provides support for the financial management of SRCHC.
- Monitor organizational AP process, making sure it is in compliance with Financial Policies and Procedures
- Match, code and input invoices and employee payment requests
- Process cheque payment weekly, follow up with signers the approval status and distribute cheques
- Generate EFT payment to AP supplier and employees in RBC Express system and monitor approval status; Input EFT payment into GP system
- Respond to supplier and employee inquiries re payments and resolve problems
- Process semi-monthly payroll for all salaried and hourly employees, in consultation with Manager, Human Resources
- Issue WSIB and benefit cheques as directed by Management
- Liaise with HR Team on employee life cycle situations impacting payroll
- Prepare calculations and cost projections related to employee recruitment and terminations
- Perform HOOPP reconciliation and generate HOOPP EFT payment
- Respond to employee and government inquiries with regards to payroll
- Review and respond to government mandated employee garnishee situations
- Prepare yearly T4&T4A statements, WSIB and EHT reconciliation
- Compile statistical reports related to pay and benefits accounts as required
- Act as liaison with payroll organization (currently ADP) to ensure service standards and contract details are adhered to
- Generate donation receipts; liaise with Communication Assistant with regards to receipts distribution
- Prepare donation receipts backup and maintain backup file
- Reconcile Canadahelps monthly donation with bank statement
- Generate quarterly donation report
- Generate yearly donor lists for AGM report and other reporting requirements
Other Accounting Duties
- Maintain cash and cheque received in SRCHC main location
- Process miscellaneous receipts in accounting system
- Prepare bank deposits and perform banking duties
- Perform periodic and surprise petty cash audits for SRCHC main location; review periodic petty cash disbursements and perform year-end and surprise petty cash audits for Harmony Hall location
- Monitor daily bank disbursements and flag fraudulent and suspicious transactions to Managers/Directors and the bank in a timely manner
- Generate and maintain routine GL entries
- Distribute monthly management reports, as directed by Finance Manager
- Perform period end GL account reconciliations for Prepay and Staff Advances as approved by Director OHS
- Post-secondary education related to accounting administration, or equivalent in experience
- CPA (Canadian Payroll Association) and CPA (Chartered Professional Accountants) membership and study an asset
- At least 5 years accounting an payroll experience
- Strong computer technology and Microsoft Office application skills, particularly in the use of MS Excel
- Experience with accounting software; Microsoft Dynamics GP an asset
- Experience with ADP Software an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Sensitivity in handling confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible a self-starter and team player
- Police clearance documentation will be required for employment
The deadline for applicants is May 30, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Please mail in or drop off your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee – Financial Services Administrator
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please enter “Financial Services Administrator” in the subject line of your email.
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.