South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service organization that provides primary healthcare, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention primarily to people of East Toronto. Our mission is to improve the lives of people that face barriers to physical, mental, spiritual and social well-being. We do so by meaningfully engaging our clients and communities, ensuring equitable access to primary health care and delivering quality care through a range of evidence informed programs, services and approaches. As a leader in community health, our locally and internationally recognized community services include cutting-edge primary health services, health promotion, harm reduction, environmental health, community food centre and population-based community programs for marginalized peoples. We value health equity and inclusion and respect in our work and in the delivery of our services.
Reporting to the Manager, Finance, this position manages the accounts receivable and donation function, monitors cash/cheque receipts, bank EFT deposits and petty cash disbursements, provides backup to the payroll and accounts payable functions, processes routine GL entries as needed and provides support for the financial reporting and financial management of SRCHC. This position further supports and is involved in confidential Human Resources matters related to union and employee life cycle situations.
This position is expected to work onsite during the COVID-19 pandemic as required.
- Generates and distributes SRCHC invoices
- Monitors invoice payments; follows up collections and input payment
- Generates and reviews quarterly AR aged report
- Generates SRCHC donation receipts; liaises with CAS Administration Programs & Service and SRCHC’s Communication Assistant with regards to receipts distribution
- Prepares donation receipts backup and maintains backup file
- Reconciles CanadaHelps monthly donation with bank statement
- Monitors donations received from multiple sources and generates quarterly donation report
- Generates yearly donor lists for AGM report and other reporting requirements
- Maintains cash and cheques received in SRCHC main location
- Processes miscellaneous receipts in the accounting system
- Prepares bank deposits and performs banking duties
- Performs periodic and surprise petty cash audits for SRCHC main location; reviews periodic petty cash disbursements and performs year-end and surprise petty cash audits for the Harmony Hall location
- Traces petty cash honorarium payments for issuing yearly T4A statements
- Generates and maintains routine GL entries as needed
- Distributes monthly management reports and assists in funder reporting, as directed by the Manager, Finance
- Assists in annual audit
- Backup for the AP function: processes weekly cheque run and EFT payment and responds to supplier, employee and management inquiries re payments
- Backup for the payroll function: processes semi-monthly payroll for all salaried and hourly employees and responds to internal and external inquiries re payroll
- Post-secondary education related to accounting and/or finance, or equivalent in experience
- CPA (Chartered Professional Accountants) and CPA (Canadian Payroll Association) membership and study an asset
- Accounting and/or payroll work experience preferred
- Sound data analysis, computer technology and Microsoft Office application skills, particularly in the use of MS Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP and ADP an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Sensitivity in handling confidential information
- Demonstrated respect for diversity, equity and accessibility with the ability to work collaboratively and positively with others
- Police clearance documentation will be required for employment
- Proof of triple COVID-19 vaccination status will be required for employment
The deadline for applicants is Friday, July 22, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. (noon).
Please mail in your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee – Financial Services Administrator
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
Or by email to: email@example.com
Please enter “Financial Services Administrator” in the subject line of your email.
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.