The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of East Toronto.
We are looking to recruit and train 4 individuals who have experience being a caregiver to someone living with long term health condition. Successful applicants will be trained to deliver the Powerful Tools for Caregivers (PTC) program as part of the Choose Health program, a service SRCHC provides in Toronto. PTC is a self-care educational program that supports caregivers and helps them learn skills to take better care of themselves as they provide care for others.
The successful candidate will be required to invoice SRCHC at $16.07/hour for pre-approved hours of service.
- Attend a mandatory training and orientation session
- Deliver at least two six-week long PTC programs in partner locations across Toronto within 1 year of training
- Oversee administrative tasks during the delivery of the program
- Attend ongoing coaching activities
- Work with Choose Health program team to support outreach activities as needed
- Lived experience of giving care to someone who is living with a chronic condition (i.e. caregiver or long-distance caregiver for a spouse, aging parents, children/grandchildren, etc.)
- Can serve as a positive role model for self-care
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups of people
- Dependable and consistent
- Open to working with diverse people
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance and purpose of delivering an evidence-based public health program
- Must be able to read, write, and speak in in English
A police clearance letter completed within the past twelve (12) months will be required prior to commencing this volunteer opportunity.
The deadline for applicants is 5:00 p.m., August 2, 2019
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence by email at: email@example.com.
Please state “Facilitator – Powerful Tools for Caregivers” in the subject line of your email.
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.