The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of East Toronto.
The Centre is the host organization for the Choose Health Program, funded by the Toronto Central LHIN. The goals of Choose Health are to provide self-management education to individuals living with any chronic conditions including their care-givers and to enhance the capacity of health care providers to assist individuals who are self-managing various chronic health conditions.
We are looking to recruit and train 6 individuals with experience of living with or supporting someone to take care of their diabetic foot concerns. Successfully trained individuals will co-facilitate the Canadian Association of Wound Care developed Healthy Feet, Diabetes, and You Program to promote healthy foot care designed to prevent foot amputation through health education. An honorarium will be provided for this position.
The successful candidates will be required to invoice SRCHC at $16.07/hour for pre-approved hours of service.
- Attend mandatory training on Monday, January 20th, 2020 from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- Successful candidates must attend a mandatory orientation session on Thursday, January 23rd, 2020 from 1:30pm to 4:30pm.
- Deliver Healthy Feet, Diabetes, and You Program at partner locations across Toronto
- Oversee administrative tasks during the delivery of the program
- Attend ongoing coaching activities
- Work with Choose Health program team to support outreach activities as needed
- Living with or supporting someone with their diabetic foot concerns; and/or lived experience with diabetic foot amputation and wound care
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups of people
- Open to working with variety of people
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance and purpose of delivering an evidence-based health promotion program
- Optimistic about a person’s ability to make changes to live a healthier life
- Dependable and consistent
- Open to trying new approaches to situations
- Must be able to read, write, and speak in in English
- Police clearance documentation will be required
The deadline for applicants is Friday, December 20th, 2019 by 5:00 pm.
Please send your cover letter and resume through email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state “Healthy Feet, Diabetes and You” in the subject line of your email.
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.