The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service Centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of East Toronto.
SRCHC is a leader in the CHC sector with data analytics to support research, quality improvement and accountability and requires a robust IT system. SRCHC is looking for someone to join our dynamic team in an evolving health care environment.
The Coordinator – IT is responsible for the planning and coordination of SRCHC’s IT infrastructure. This position will work in collaboration with our external IT and telephone vendors to provide system level design and planning of SRCHC’s IT infrastructure across multiple locations. The position will also oversee the day-to-day management of internal and external systems, communication systems and technology systems across multiple sites. The Coordinator – IT will further work with SRCHC’s external IT & telephone vendors to ensure high availabilities of systems and network infrastructure through the use of monitoring and support tools and best practices. In addition, the position will be responsible with working with SRCHC’s external IT vendor for high level security and performance control of systems and network infrastructure.
This position supports staff, the management team, senior leadership and the organization and has access to all system infrastructure, backups, and electronic documentation including information regarding board and leadership team decisions, human resources, finance, accountability agreements and reporting, clinical data, etc.
- Work with external vendors to optimize and manage day-to-day functions of SRCHC’s communication systems
- Oversee and resolve all Board, leadership and management team IT system issues and management of all confidential electronic information, including email correspondence.
- Oversee and coordinate SRCHC’s systems and network infrastructure with SRCHC’s external vendors
- Manage the purchasing of hardware, software and equipment with vendors, including overseeing the installation of new equipment
- Identify and resolve systemic issues in coordination with external IT vendor
- Work with project teams, vendors and staff on project research, testing, implementation, rollout and training and support of new software/technology
- Manage multiple, interdependent projects with varying complexity and scope, under a tight deadline across multiple sites
- In collaboration with external vendors, monitor and follow-up on security and performance issues
- Plan and coordinate IT and IT-related projects/systems, in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders
- In collaboration with SRCHC’s external vendors, ensure redundancy, stability for all critical IT systems across multiple sites
- Participate in IT Infrastructure Committee and other relevant committees
- Work with external vendor to ensure data protection, recoverability, and redundancy
- Review Help Desk tickets to identify systemic issues
- Develop and recommend best practices for security and IT related policies
- Manage tracking system for updates of software, licenses, etc.
- Ensure IT environment, hardware and software are properly documented
- Collaborate with communications manager and web master to maintain SRCHC’s multiple websites and add-ons
- Provide new staff orientation training on use of computer, printer, photocopier, email system, internet, land-line phones and cell phones
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Three or more years of related experience; preferably in a health care setting
- Ability to process and solve complex problems and make decisions in a busy environment.
- Experience in prioritizing workload demands and problem solving within a team setting
- Ability to determine solutions for staff using a consultative approach
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently and with a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to interact with a range of health professionals and support staff, through exchange of information, consulting, problem solving and training as required.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively initiate and maintain influential business relationships with internal and external clients.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to explain technical information in plain language and process redesign
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology and various software applications in particular Electronic Health Record systems and Excel
- Excellent ability to be responsive to changing environment and stakeholder needs
- Respect for client confidentiality
- Flexible, organized and self-directed within scope of responsibility
- Previous CHC experience an asset
- Police clearance documentation will be required for employment
The deadline for applicants is Wednesday, August 21, 2019 at 12:00 noon.
Please mail in or drop off your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee – Coordinator, Information Technology
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please enter “Coordinator, Information Technology” in the subject line of your email.
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.