The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service Centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of East Toronto.
This position provides reception and administrative support to staff and programs. As first point of contact, this position requires a high degree of professionalism, the ability to accurately work in a fast-paced environment, a strong, dynamic work ethic and the ability to effectively develop solutions as a critical thinker. This position requires providing services to a range of clients, including marginalized populations.
- Provides reception services including communicating with service users, responding to general enquiries, arranging services for clients (e.g. taxi, referrals to other agencies) and providing information to the public and other agencies regarding services
- Answers incoming telephone calls for all staff, directing calls and taking messages
- Makes appropriate referrals as required according to service needs
- Maintains agency and service provider contact list within SRCHC catchment
- Recognizes escalating situations and follows established protocols to obtain assistance
- Provides administrative support for intake of clients receiving allied support services within the Centre
- Provides registration of new clients following established protocols
- Provides administrative support to Social Service Team, Harm Reduction and SIS staff, including scanning and booking appointments
- Maintains Harm Reduction/Ontario Naloxone Program/SIS inventory and supply management
- Provides administrative support for Centre programing as required
- Works collectively to manage client waitlists for programs and services
- Ensures client records and files are accurate and current
- General administrative tasks as required e.g. photocopy, fax, arrange courier services
- Coordinates, orders and distributes office supplies
- Sorts and distributes mail internally and externally
- Maintains general reference material and disseminates as needed
- Oversees meeting room schedule and updates information board daily
- Maintains bulletin boards, information table and pamphlet areas and maintains a neat waiting room
- University and/or College education
- 2-5 years’ experience as a receptionist or administrative assistant, in a clinical, social service related environment
- Ability to prioritize with specific attention to detail is essential
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the health issues of a diverse community and marginalized populations
- Understanding and knowledge of Harm Reduction programs an asset
- Ability to recognize escalating situations and respond in a de-escalating manner
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology and various software applications (advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Power Point, Access, Excel)
- Experience using an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with the public
- Ability to assist people in a mature, friendly and helpful manner
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, organized, a self-starter
- Ability to communicate in a second language an asset
- Police clearance documentation will be required for employment
The deadline for applicants is Monday, January 28, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee – Community Administrative Receptionist
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
Or by email to: email@example.com
Please include “Community Administrative Receptionist” in the subject line of your email.
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.