The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service Centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of East Toronto.
The Client Support Worker will act as a first point of contact for members of the community coming to the Centre for support. This will include individuals who have mental health or substance using issues, are frequent users of hospital emergency departments and who request information, referrals, immediate intervention or support accessing services. The goal is to help increase individual’s capacity to cope, facilitate linking with appropriate community support and decrease emergency room visits.
- Provide support to clients including those referred from the Emergency Department through assistance in accessing CHC and other services, making referrals and engaging in systems advocacy
- Ensure clients are integrated into the appropriate services both within the CHC and wider community as required
- Provide on-site drop-in based services, including, needs assessment, Centre orientation information and referral, crisis intervention, conflict resolution and systems navigation
- Address emerging demands and crisis needs of SRCHC
- Provide prevention and stabilization through practical support, short term counseling and accompaniments
- Work flexible hours including evenings and weekends dependent on client needs and operational demands
- Other duties as required
- Degree and/or Diploma in social work or combination of relevant education from a recognized academic institution and related experience
- Certification or eligibility for membership in Ontario College of Social Workers
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working with individuals who are substance using, who have mental health and trauma issues and who have experiences of poverty and marginalization
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in crisis intervention, assessment, systems navigation, mental health and substance use work in a community based setting
- Understanding of and commitment to working from a harm reduction perspective
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Proficiency in use of computer technology and various software applications
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills
- Police clearance documentation will be required for employment
The deadline for applicants is Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Please mail in or drop off your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee – Client Support Worker
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please enter “Client Support Worker” in the subject line of your email.
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.