The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service Centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of East Toronto.
The Harmony Hall Centre for Seniors program of SRCHC empowers and connects seniors 55+ by delivering transportation, recreational and support services in East Toronto. Services are provided in Bengali, Chinese, English and Tamil.
The Chinese Program Animator, IIN Program, works closely with the EPC Program Facilitator to ensure quality programming.
Only participants in receipt of Ontario Works (OW) and residents of the City of Toronto are eligible to apply.
- Provides support to set up and implement member activities (e.g. lunches, presentations, group activities, etc.) with the support from the Facilitator
- Assists with maintenance of member registration records and attendance records for activities
- Supports collection and recording of program statistics
- Seeks out feedback from members on new programming ideas, with the support from the Facilitator
- Investigates viability of new ideas with team members
- Greets and assists walk-ins
- Updates membership lists
- Arranges for client transportation
- Files new enrolments, collects and provide receipts for membership fees
- Provides other administrative support as requested
- Participant of the IIN program
- In receipt of Ontario Works (OW)
- Resident of the City of Toronto
- High School Diploma
- Ability to speak in Cantonese or Mandarin, as required to assist in day-to-day programming
- Ability to read and write in Chinese is an asset
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology and various software applications
- Commitment to customer service
- Knowledge of community-based resources
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Police clearance documentation completed within the past twelve (12) months will be required prior to commencing employment.
The deadline for applicants is May 17, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
Attn.: Chinese Program Animator IIN
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
No emails, faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.