The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service Centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of East Toronto.
This contract position is funded to provide additional support during cold weather “surge” months, when service users may require transportation assistance for medical and other service appointments. This position is responsible for safely transporting clients to appointments, activities or other locations, cleaning and maintaining vehicles and promoting South Riverdale Community Health Centre`s services and programs, including Harmony Hall, other SRCHC sites and shelters.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Drive up to 5 clients at a time, some of whom may have an escort, to designated destinations, ensuring their safe and punctual arrival
- Follow the route and schedule as assigned to transport clients from pick-up point to various locations
- Ensure that the vehicle is clean and presentable to clients and the public
- Conduct mandatory daily circle checks on vehicle(s), noting minor and major vehicle defects, topping up vehicle fluids (e.g. gas and windshield wiper fluid) in a timely manner
- Report to supervisor any safety concerns for a client due to their condition or any occupational health and safety concerns resulting from driving a particular client
- Report to supervisor any concerns regarding the condition of the vehicles which may make them unsafe to drive
- Complete any and all documentation and reports as required by legislation or organizational policies and practices in a timely and efficient manner
- Follow all policies and procedures as required to maintain a healthy and safe working environment
- Support fundraising activities
- All other duties as required
- High school diploma
- Minimum two years’ driving experience
- A class ‘G’, ‘B’ or ‘F’ Ontario Driver’s License with fewer than three demerit points
- Safe and cautious driver
- Commitment to customer service
- Previous experience working with seniors and persons with physical and cognitive disabilities is an asset
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills and excellent judgment
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural environment
- Comfortable using technology such as a smartphone and GPS
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology and various software applications
- Police clearance documentation will be required for employment
The deadline for applicants is January 21, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee – Casual Driver
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Casual Driver” in the subject line of your email.
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.