South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service organization that provides primary healthcare, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention primarily to people of East Toronto. Our mission is to improve the lives of people that face barriers to physical, mental, spiritual and social well-being. We do so by meaningfully engaging our clients and communities, ensuring equitable access to primary health care and delivering quality care through a range of evidence informed programs, services and approaches. As a leader in community health, our locally and internationally recognized community services include cutting-edge primary health services, health promotion, harm reduction, environmental health, community food centre and population-based community programs for marginalized peoples. We value health equity and inclusion and respect in our work and in the delivery of our services.
The Administrator – Facilities & Services assists the Director, Operational Health Systems in the day to day operation of the Centre by providing administrative support services to the leadership and management team and facilities management services for the organization as a whole. This position further supports the Executive Office and has access to confidential human resources, finances, board and leadership correspondence, minutes and files.
This position is expected to work onsite during the COVID-19 pandemic as required.
- Collaborates with the Executive Office, teams and outside partners to manage the smooth running of SRCHC, this involves problem solving, decision making, communication with staff, property management, and outside agencies.
- Creates & documents procedures related to operations of the facilities that are communicated to staff to ensure understanding of the processes that enable the smooth running of the Centre.
- Supports day-to-day facility management by communicating with property management, and outside agencies and reporting directly to Director OHS
- Oversees the management of facility keys, FOB access and building security including security codes for all staff and Executive Team, camera footage, door access, etc.
- Oversees hazardous waste disposal and ensure SRCHC is compliant with necessary legislation
- Coordinates facilities and renovation related projects as well as new site set up; maintaining project time-lines, minutes and internal and external communication including contractors, etc.
- Acts as a liaison between external Property Management and SRCHC
- Maintain up to date & shared contact list of all site-specific contacts and facilities
- Oversees office equipment inventory, researches and purchases office supplies and equipment
- Acts as back-up for the Executive Assistants for Board and Leadership Support – must be on site if Executive Assistants are on vacation, sick or away from the centre
- Has access to all Board and Leadership confidential information, Human Resources and Finance documentation and checks CEO and VP-Strategy & Systems email as required with full access to Senior Leadership Team calendar permissions and postal mail in Executive Assistants’ absence
- Member of AGM Planning Committee along with Leadership and Executive Assistant, and works with Executive Assistant to plan, coordinate and executive the AGM (membership mail-outs, facilitating board recruitment process, coordinating election process and publication of AGM presentations) according to SRCHC By-laws
- Receives Incident Reports including confidential client and staff information and updates summary information related to Health & Safety Incidents
- Prepares incident report summaries for the Leadership Team and Board of Directors
- Assists in various projects in which administrative support is required. e.g. reports, proposals, presentations, grants, meetings, letters, Board, etc.
- Coordinates the administration, reconciliation and distribution of petty cash, food cards and TTC.
- Collaborates with the Executive Office to coordinate meetings for SRCHC Board, leadership, management and staff (booking rooms, organizing food and refreshments, preparing confidential materials for Board and Leadership discussions) including, when applicable, in camera minutes
- Maintains and updates policy manuals, formatting as required
- Coordinates the destruction of confidential materials as required
- Supports administrative functions in whatever capacity necessary
- Directly supports facilities related committees as it relates to space, cleaning and site related initiatives by creating agendas, taking minutes, participating in meetings and completing follow up items as assigned
- Member of the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee, Medical Emergency Pandemic Group, Infection Control Committee & Space Planning
- Other duties as assigned
Operational Health Team and Agency Support
- Participates as a member of the administrative team and facilitates regular team meetings as required
- Supports the work of the OHS team, contributing to all planning activities
- Supports the operational side of larger initiatives where applicable, such as community vaccination clinics Participates on agency committees/events as appropriate
- Post-secondary education in administration or related field or equivalent in experience
- Additional courses in computer and administrative skills an asset
- 3 -5 years administrative experience with progressive responsibility, preferably in a human service organization
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology and various software applications
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in office administrative practices and procedures
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task as necessary
- Flexibility to work with deadlines
- Ability to exercise good judgement and demonstrate initiative as a self-starter
- Sensitivity in handling confidential information
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in taking accurate minutes at meetings
- Police clearance documentation will be required for employment
- Proof of triple COVID-19 vaccination status will be required for employment
The deadline for applicants is Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. (noon).
Please mail in your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee: Administrator – Facilities & Services
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please enter “Administrator – Facilities & Services” in the subject line of your email.
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages applicants who are racialized (IBPOC) and/or applicants who face any barriers as a result of systemic discrimination to apply for this position.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.