(With Possibility of Extension)
The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service Centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of East Toronto.
The Centre is the host organization for the Choose Health Program, funded by the Toronto Central LHIN. The goals of Choose Health are to provide self-management education to individuals living with any chronic conditions including their care-givers and to enhance the capacity of health care providers to assist individuals who are self-managing various chronic health conditions
The Administrative Assistant within Choose Health works out of the Centre for Social Innovation-Annex at 720 Bathurst Street. They will work in collaboration with the Regional Manager – Chronic Disease and the Program Assistant in providing administrative support for the successful delivery of the health education programs. This will mainly involve volunteer training, and support. This position is also responsible for the maintenance of related databases. It may also involve booking clients, booking space, arranging for catering, file management, data entry, program material and supply preparation. This position requires providing service to a range of clients, including marginalized populations.
- Coordinates activity of volunteers in consultation with the Manager
- Provide administrative support including photocopying, filing, registration, and reminder calls
- Assist with Choose Health special events, outreach and/or educational opportunities as required
- Attend relevant training as requested
- Routinely compile and enter data as per program directives and organizational requirements
- Complete documentation as required
- Participate as a team member in program planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Review and adhere to all organizational and program policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum College Diploma achieved or completion of a 3-year degree program in health sciences
- 2 – 5 years’ experience supporting and/or working with volunteers, preferably in a community or social service setting
- Committed to promoting and supporting health in your community
- Open to working with a variety of people
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology and various software applications (MS Office)
- Ability to assist people in a mature, friendly and helpful manner
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, organized, a self-starter
A police clearance letter completed within the past twelve (12) months will be required prior to commencing employment.
The deadline for applicants is Friday, June 7, at 5:00 p.m.
Please mail in or drop off your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee – Administration – Program
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
Or by email at: email@example.com
Please state “Administration – Program Application” in the subject line of your email.
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.