What we do
Harmony Community Food Centre (CFC), a program of South Riverdale Community Health Centre, in partnership with Community Food Centres Canada, is a welcoming place where people to come together to grow, cook, share and advocate for good food. We believe that an equitable and just community is one where everyone can access nutritious, affordable, safe, culturally relevant, and delicious food. Harmony Community Food Centre offers programs in three core areas: Healthy food access, healthy food skills, education and engagement
Harmony CFC programs support local families and individuals by increasing access to healthy food, skill-building, knowledge sharing, and providing leadership and advocacy opportunities.
Where to find us
Harmony CFC is located at 2 Gower St in East York, Toronto. Our programs serve the diverse communities in our surrounding area.
The national movement
Harmony CFC is a proud partner site of Community Food Centres Canada, a national non-profit that builds health, belonging, and social justice in communities through the power of food. Harmony CFC is part of a national movement calling for a more equitable and sustainable food system.
Harmony CFC Programs
- Community kitchen groups
- Food workshops
- Drop-in meals open to everyone
- Educational and therapeutic gardens
- Community and school garden program
- After-school cooking and gardening program
- Kids Can Cook summer program
- Perinatal support and cooking skills
- Communal dining programs
- Cooking programs and nutrition workshops
- Garden program
Affordable Produce Market
- Seasonal affordable fresh produce market
- Social justice group and campaigns
- Community special events
Harmony CFC Calendar
Mind Your Food
Youth Food-Focused Program
Tuesday Nov 10, 17, 21, 24, Dec 1 4:30-5:30pm
- For youth ages 13-19
- Explore food traditions, cooking skills, and how your mental health is connected to what you eat
- Four-week program integrating virtual sessions and outdoor sessions (with safety precautions in place)
- TTC reimbursement and honorarium for completion of the program (must attend all 4 sessions)
- Special field trip Sat. Nov 21 to Old Mill with transportation and snacks provided. Led by Toronto Aboriginal Eco tours.
Limited spots available. To sign up, or for more information,
please contact Kathleen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-752-0101 ext 226.
Exploring One-Pot Meals
Friday Nov 13, 27, Dec 11 2:00-2:45pm
Join us as we demonstrate different low-cost one-pot meals using healthy ingredients.
We’ll explore different cuisines and cooking techniques together.
Please register by contacting email@example.com
For more information, call 416-752-0101
How to get in touch with Harmony CFC
Facebook: Harmony Community Food Centre
For information on Harmony CFC’s programs, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-752-0101 ext 226
Learn more about Community Food Centres at: Community Food Centres Canada