Postpartum Adjustment Program
A group program that offers information and support to new mothers who are feeling sad, overwhelmed, anxious or alone. The Postpartum Adjustment Program is offered in conjunction with Toronto Public Health, Alternatives (East York Mental Health Counseling Agency), the Toronto East General Hospital and the South East Toronto Family Health Team. Free childcare and snacks provided.
- cry for no reason
- have trouble sleeping or relaxing
- worry too much about your baby’s health or
- have scary thoughts and feelings
- are experiencing the “baby blues” or postpartum depression
People often ask:
- "How do I know it’s more than fatigue and hormones?"
- “When should I seek help?”
- “What signs should my partner look for?”