Diabetes Counseling – Nurse Educator
Talk to a diabetes nurse educator and learn about diabetes wellness, as well as community resources and services.
Common topics include:
- risk factors
- blood glucose meters
- assessment and foot care
- administering and adjusting insulin
- support groups
- exercise programs
People often ask:
- “What is diabetes?”
- “How does diabetes affect my health?”
- “What should I do if my blood sugar is high?”
- “How do I treat low blood sugar?”
- “Will I have to take insulin?”
- “Are my testing strips covered?"
Program Offered in the Following Languages:
Interpreters available for other langs
South Riverdale Community Health Centre (955 Queen Street East)
Program Time and Hours:
Vary (please enquire).
Are appointments required for this program?:Yes
Do participants need to register for this program?:No