Mission & Core Values
The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a community-controlled organization that believes that health is a state of physical, mental and social well-being. The role of the health centre is to provide good quality primary care, and to engage in those clinical, social, economic, political, cultural, and educational initiatives that promote good health.
- We believe in creating an environment that is sensitive, responsive and does not judge, in order to provide equitable access to services, supports and other resources.
- We believe in an environment free from discrimination and harassment where respect and tolerance are practiced and upheld.
Active Partners in Health
- We believe in working together with: individuals and groups to achieve the best health possible; organizations and agencies to make the community as healthy as possible; and the community to develop and maintain community participation in program planning and development of the South Riverdale Community Health Centre.
Meaningful Community Involvement
- We believe that communities can work on issues affecting their health and that the role of the South Riverdale Community Health Centre is to support our community in its work.
- We believe in the dignity and self-worth of all people and advocate for the right to peace, security, safe affordable housing, education, food, income, respect for the environment, good health care, social justice and equity.
- We believe in diverse approaches to achieving good health.