HEPATITIS TREATMENT NURSE
The South Riverdale Community Health Centre (SRCHC) is a non-profit, multiservice centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of Riverdale and South East Toronto.
The East Toronto Hepatitis C Program is an education, support and treatment initiative serving current and former illicit drug users and the homeless in South East Toronto. This is a joint project between South Riverdale Community Health Centre and Regent Park Community Health Centre. This position entails direct treatment, support and education in collaboration with interdisciplinary care teams and partner agencies.
- Provide comprehensive client centre care in a multidisciplinary environments throughout the community that results in the optimal quality of care and treatment for clients
- Provide support and service to clients through all stages of HCV care and treatment
- Review patient referrals with program teams as well as patient’s eligibility for treatment
- Liaise with community partners & provide community education sessions as required
- Provide pre and post treatment care and support to program clients
- Provide screening clinics to community members
- Provide mental health nursing care to HCV program clients
- Provide support and care to co-infected clients and clients from prison populations
- Routinely compile and enter data as per program directives and organizational requirements
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario & RNAO membership
- Willing to become a member of other professional bodies to enhance practice, e.g. Canadian Association of Hepatology Nurses
- Three to five years nursing experience
- Demonstrated expertise in medical laboratory procedures, thorough knowledge and understanding of infection control and preventative practices
- Knowledge and experience working with mental health, harm reduction and chronic illness is required
- Familiar with principles of adult education
- High level of comfort with diverse populations
- Able to work independently and as a team member within an evolving role in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Excellent communication, decision making & computer skills
Please send your resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee
Hepatitis Treatment Nurse
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer.
No emails, faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a community controlled organization that believes that health is a state of physical, mental and social well-being, and that the role of the Health Centre is to provide good quality primary care, and to engage in those clinical, social, economic, political, cultural, and education initiatives that promote health.
“SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc) while at the Centre.”
No faxes, e-mails, phone calls, or requests to meet please
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. “SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc) while at the Centre.”