COMMUNITY DIABETES NURSE EDUCATOR/CLINICIAN FOR DECNET
The Diabetes Education Community Network (DECNET) is a partnership among South Riverdale Community Health Centre, East End Community Health Centre, and Toronto East General Hospital. Working within the context of community health principles and practices, DECNET provides diabetes education support and services to adults with type two-diabetes in East Toronto. Particular emphasis is placed on increasing access for mental health, hard to reach, complex, and marginalized populations and members of our community.
- Plans, delivers, and evaluates diabetes education programs/services and community initiatives, in collaboration with the DECNET team members. Programs/services may include: individual counseling, education and clinical care, group teaching, support groups, community kitchens, and other initiatives to support people with diabetes.
- Develops and evaluates diabetes education resources and counseling materials.
- Participates in outreach initiatives to hard to reach, complex and marginalized populations.
- Work with the team to create, implement, evaluate and deliver a performance improvement plan.
- Maintains professional competency through networking with peers and other health professionals, participating in relevant continuing education, and through organizational affiliations.
- Prior specialization in diabetes or an interest in becoming a Certified Diabetes Educator.
- Experience with quality improvement initiatives in clinical and health promotion settings.
- Current in evidence based best practices and clinical practice.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the impact of social, economic, environmental, and cultural issues in diabetes self-management.
- Experience with outreach, and community-based health care.
- Experience in working with mental health clients and systems.
- Willingness to work in community settings and to travel within the East Toronto community.
- Certification as a Registered Nurse in the Province of Ontario.
- Member or eligible for membership with the College of Nurses of Ontario
Please send your resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee
Diabetes Nurse Educator
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON, M4M 3P3
We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer.
No faxes, phone calls, e-mails or requests to meet please
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a community controlled organization that believes that health is a state of physical, mental and social well-being, and that the role of the Health Centre is to provide good quality primary care, and to engage in those clinical, social, economic, political, cultural, and education initiatives that promote health.
“SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc) while at the Centre.”
No faxes, e-mails, phone calls, or requests to meet please
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. “SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc) while at the Centre.”